Saturday, December 30, 2017

Spiritual Path 2018- Waking Back Up



I've had adventures in occultism long before this year. Spirits, magic, fortean events, all of that, but I've also had quiet periods, periods of training up mundane skills, chasing dreams. I'd done magic while pursuing my film writing career, but it was often in small spurts. I tried to meet folks I clicked with on a metaphysical level, and for the most part, I failed. I didn't feel as if I fit in with the majority of folks I met.

Serendipity lead me to meeting a whole lot of wonderful folks who took metaphysics seriously this year, many of whom I now consider very dear friends. This marked a change in my approach, from relatively inactive to very much active once again. While I've had gaps in my journaling, I've done plenty of it this year, whether in pursuit of a Domagick challenge, writing a book, or just my own personal practice.

Stuff I've Worked On That Has Born Fruit:
- Dimensional Magic, most often focusing on the 5th, 6th, 7th, etc. type of dichotomy, giving me a useful roadmap for dealing with spirits, magic, astral projection, etc.

-Past life work. Getting a better grip on who I am and what I am has made being who I am right now a lot easier, providing understanding of my place in this strange and wonderful world.

-Norse Pantheon. I've been getting more and more spontaneous interaction since establishing and strengthening ties with Loki, Iormangundr, Nithog, among others.

-Evolutionary Energetic Forms. Essentially, I run a piece of my energy body through some evolutionary pressure, evolving it in accelerated time, for a variety of useful other forms I can shift into for doing various magic work. I might try writing a book on this technique.

- Astral Questing for various purposes.

-Writing and teaching. I know I have a lot of insights to share with others, and I want to see other people attain their real strength. I've been applying to do classes, teaching a few people I know some fun techniques, and generally trying to help some people with their practice. This has also forced me to do more magick as I crash test anything I write. So far, so good. I know I still have more I need to get written down.

-Mantras. I worked with some Halloween 2016, but I've ramped up my use a good bit coming to the close of 2017. Planning on doing some Ganesh work New Years Eve.

-Magick work with strangers and friends. When by yourself, it's easy to lose it, because your feedback loop is only one person wide. Working with more people, I can play around with things, figure out whether a technique is working or not, whether an idea has legs, etc.


-Magical mishaps. I can't remember ever really making a big magical oops. Somehow, I got one this year, had a spirit get inside me and do a number on me. While taken care of quickly, it still left me with some lasting repercussions and obligations.


Putting aside all the fun and the successes with magic this year, I feel so much more myself and so much happier being myself than I have in years previous. I look forward to going even further in 2018.

#hurtle2017

No comments:

Post a Comment