Friday, December 1, 2017

Domagick 30 Day Challenge- Transition Meditations Day 1

I woke up early after some very weird almost nightmares with some beast with a mouth full of worms and an indiana jones type character who kept changing actors from moment to moment. It was creepy, but the monster never attacked me. As such, I got my morning started early and did my meditations at just about 5:35 am.

While these meditations are to assist me in my transition, they might be adaptable for anyone looking to make a major life change with some tweaked wording.

The Body:
My body affirmations were the usual, going from toe to head. ex) "I have a woman's toes. I have the toes of a woman. My toes are beautiful. I have a woman's ankles- etc."

I end on "I have a woman's mind. I have the mind of a woman." before moving on to-

The Mind:
This step involves some NLP style re-imagining of past scenarios. By re-imagining them, we change their impact on our self image and our internal mechanics. Specifically, I target negative memories of times I have been treated poorly for my trans identity and make them lesser, while enhancing positive experiences and making them greater. The third thing I'm doing is sort of imagining a better world without such judgments in it- while not a reality, seeing it helps me see how such a place could be possible, how much of my pain derives from a sick society bent on controlling one another.

For those event's that caused me to feel bad, I've been turning people who badmouth me into sock puppets. And not good ones, but dirty gym socks. If it gets to be too much, I just yell "You're a fucking sock!" and move on.

For the positive events, I've been making the colors brighter, adding fireworks, and otherwise making them feel bigger, celebratory.

I've noticed an odd thing in these of late, probably due to watching Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Occasionally, there is a creepy green duck in the background, watching me in the positive scenes. Haven't been able to shake that yet.

The Soul:
At this point, I use a step down method, walking down stairs into 'my heart', feeling the beat, crossing the threshold into my inner world. This is probably where the most interesting things will happen as they will likely change the most.

Inside there today, I tried to re-animate my inner monster, looking a bit sad after all the trauma and fears giving it purpose being depowered. I re-animated it with my continuing anger at the injustices of the world, and this seemed to bring it back into full force.

I also visited the 'secret angel' who seemed to be my most tender and loving self. She looks stronger than I remember, less secret, but no less loving.

Results So Far:
Nothing I can put my finger on yet. I think I'm feeling a little less anxious about the subject though. Hopefully, the trend continues as I continue the challenge.

1 comment: