Monday, December 4, 2017

Domagick 30 Day Challenge- Transition Meditations Day 4

Another early morning.

Body: Same affirmations.

Mind: Today, I reviewed memories of fiction that had helped and influenced me along the way, anime, webcomics, and other media with transgender themes. While reviewing them, I also made not of where they were helpful and where they were potentially harmful. Much of it revolves around the glamorized ideal of the female form. In much the same way as photoshopped, airbrushed models often cause negative body image in most women, it's certainly caused in in me, maybe to a further extreme considering the hurdles in front of me. Which brings me to-

Soul: In my internal temple, I checked upon the 'Dancers' aka 'Masks', various inner selves representing aspects of myself. Many of them were hiding beneath an idealized image, in many ways sexually objectified forms, often being some sort of doubt or depression or fear or other negative self image beneath. Talking through, I ascertained they were in many ways the symptoms of my gender dysphoria. Doing some spiritual cheerleading, I got them back on track toward a positive but realistic self image, to better reflect the transition I'm going for.

Only a few ducks on the way out. I ignored them this time.

Results: Felt pretty positive post meditation today. Find myself slipping into voice exercises when I'm not paying attention and alone. Hopefully, this will translate into a better voice when I begin attempting it in front of other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment