Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Do Magick 30 Enchantment- Moovie Star Servitor Day 11


#domagick

Gods are not gumball machines.

A lot of offerings made this morning. Of those relevant to this work, Odin and Loki were first. Loki gave me some advice on using my void magic techniques to strengthen the altar, and to not fear the work changing you or taking shape in ways you do not expect. Odin was more formal, in advice for galdering the Fehu rune in it's use to contact Adumhla.

Before galdering, I made Audumhla an offering of a block of ice with salt upon it, recreating her myth wherein she licked the first god into existence. Galdering was mostly instinctual- I didn't know what my voice would sound like, or how long I would intone the rune when I started each round, and my voice got a little hoarse before I finally felt the presence of Fehu. I explained my request, and Fehu contacted Audumhla, who proceeded to lick me, cleansing me, before refusing to bless the gem hearts- without a favor, the details of which I will leave vague, but it was something difficult to say the least.

I spent several hours scheming, coming up with a plan of how to pull the favor off, and returned to the altar with my plan. Audumhla began laughing, hysterically, and I laughed too. She blessed the items, having really just been testing me to see what I might do, and found my plan downright crazy. The thing is, gods being crafty, the planning for the scheme got me to read more of the eddas, which is in itself more training with the Norse pantheon. I also decided to develop some of the techniques I would've needed to pull off the plan and try them out- which succeeded as a technique, with a very complicated resolution in the spirit world the likes of which I have to keep vague on.

So, in summary, gods are very crafty and often succeed in multiple goals all at once.

Hail Audumhla, Hail Odin, Hail Loki!



No comments:

Post a Comment