Thursday, February 1, 2018

Do Magick 30: Rage Meditation Day 1

Total time of fury: ~14 minutes

Sat down and stared at the sigil this morning, putting in headphones, but not using the blue noise, as the house was quiet enough that I shouldn't be distracted.

The state itself only took thinking of a few upsetting events and individuals to get burning. The body pretty much knows the way, tightening up, fingers curling, teeth clenched, lips peeled back, hyperventilating and eventually growling like an animal as I shake. Sympathetic nervous system engaged, I keep myself angry and can feel it in my guts- and it hurts a little. Midway it kind of peaks out, breathing so rapid my mouth dries and I have to slow down. I can tell I could keep the state a longer time, but I can also tell this will have a lot of body consequence along with mental.

I think I'll try to keep the state a little longer each day, while trying to refine the action to being more purely mental while I focus on the sigil. Stoke the fury without taxing my adrenaline system excessively, so to speak.

Results: A dog began barking in the middle of it. During my entire December run, I never remember a dog barking. Potentially responding to the vibe I'm putting out?

Earlier this month, I bought a dollar store piece of doll furniture, specifically a table, and emblazoned it with a sigil. It's essentially to be used as a rage sink, so you can 'table flip' safely and feel your anger subside. I think I'm going to try and use that post meditation to ensure I don't bring this stuff with me to work or other social activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment