Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Jormangundr and Neolithic Shamanism: # Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 13

I didn't do anything additional with Jormangundr that afternoon, but this morning I asked for help in doing some shadow work.

Traveling to the lower world through a dirty sewer pipe, I knew things would be rough, but I felt confident having the world serpent watching over me. I dealt with several personal demons and issues, some of which I will share in detail, others less.

The first encounter was with a spirit I had created during my teenage years and not spoken to for ages. A spirit of technology and artificially derived materials (plastics, composites, etc.), it was angry for my absence over time. I apologized, and while it may be barf worthy cheesy, love was the great redeemer. I will be making some type of offering to the spirit in the near future.

I spoke briefly with Jorm about terrible children, how offspring can become great, powerful, and completely beyond your control.

The second encounter was Anubis, and I felt terrified. I have a fear of being run over roughshod by destiny or finding myself with shaman sickness, or any other number of fate based shackles. A brief conflict with Amut puts things into a different perspective, my warrior aspects brought out. A reminder that destiny often comes from within, not from without, alleviating some of the worry.

The third was a bevy of minor fears and one really big one.

The fourth encounter was with a fear of financial difficulties, of not being grounded enough in this world. Thankfully, rather than fight, I decided to recruit this fear and bring it before my money altar and telling it to get to work rather than bothering me. I have plenty of seeds planted, just time to see which one's grow.

I returned after that, feeling better and knowing I have a lot more shadow work to do. I thank Jormangundr once before writing up my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment