Sunday, September 10, 2017

Jormangundr and Neolithic Shamanism: # Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 10

I get onto my ritual early, as tomorrow I spend all day filming and well, if I don't do it now I won't get a chance.

First offering of the day is a bite of my burger, strongly demanded the moment I get in the door. I make my offering and finish my food. After that, I ask about Aion, and informed that no, they would rather I not try to contact them.

I feel a yearning for further knowledge, and having heard a plethora of voices and personalities from Jormangundr, I ask for the female voice to give instruction. A recreation of Jorm's time in the pot begins, only the lessons are changed. The female voice says she was worried about being cooked, being in a cauldron, so she ate the meat in hopes that the soup she feared becoming was never made. When she grew too big for the pot, she assumed they were using her as bait to fish, so she ate all the smallest fish in hopes of outgrowing the big fish in the pond.  When she was finally cast into the sea by Odin, charged with guarding the mortal realms through a spell, she realized she might be under constant attack, a living wall, so grew larger still. In other words, fear made her great, a lesson I could do well to learn. However, as we spoke, another female voice and slightly different serpent aspect arrived.

At first intent on devouring me, she continued to assault, berating me for not fighting for things enough, until I bargained that I would make a second offering. This appeased the new voice and she spoke to me for a short time on beauty and fear, and how my own fear of being different or ugly created a barrier of inaction. I reached in and took my glamour of normality, my urge to go unnoticed, and inverted it, to be a glamour of attracting attention and being unusual.

I need to sleep, and I suppose I shall see how that glamour effects my world in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment