Saturday, September 2, 2017

Jormangundr & Neolithic Shamanism: #Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 2

Reading Neolithic Shamanism, but so far, a little disappointing. It has pretty much zero on dealing with any gods or monsters, opting for various spirits. Which is fine, and as this is about embracing a beginner mindset, I'll just roll with the exercises while showing devotion to Jormangundr.

Added a seashell to the altar to hold offerings, as Jormangundr does roam the bottom of the sea. My plan is to make offerings of beef (and fish if it comes up), and when the altar is too messy, bring it to a river and dump it, giving it to the sea and in turn to the world serpent.

I think to keep things beginnerly, I'm going to avoid astral traveling or using other advanced techniques to make contact, just using my voice and actions, unless a technique from the book offers me new options.

Last night, I only slept two hours awakening to intense feelings of euphoria. No idea if it's related or not, but worth jotting down now before I forget it.

***

Research is good, mkay?

So, my expectation for the Neolithic Shamanism book were incorrect, but casual browsing at after waking up and I find the Jotunbok, with, gasp, stuff about working with the World Serpent. Which I suppose is a beginner's mistake kind of thing, assuming one book about being a shaman in a Norse world view would give you the proper tools for contacting all the entities of it's mythology, so I suppose I'm off to a beautifully stumbling start.

Jotunbok is on kindle, so I can get to researching right away.

***

Performed the centering exercise in the book with the 4 in, 4 hold, 4 release, 4 hold patterned breathing. It felt rather mechanical, but I stuck with it, and eventually, it felt rhythmic enough to be worthwhile. It was infuriating to do, at first, but it definitely felt like being back to basics. I resisted the urge to 'do some other better breathing exercise' like the ego in my head wanted me to and stuck with it.

Then I did some root based grounding, letting my tree roots grow into the earth, and finished up with pulling up earth energy for my shielding, something I don't think I've ever really done much.

***

Reading Jotunbok. While there is no formal prayer here, there are a whole lot of title for Jormangund (and many ways to spell that name). I think, before tomorrow, I will try to use some of these titles to create a more formalized prayer.

Or, you know, I could read the entry on Iormangund and find the prayer. I swear I'm not trying to be this disorganized. Honest.

Plan. Use the prayer tomorrow before/during offering. Keep reading the Iormandgund section of Jotunbok to internalize it further. Practice Neolithic Shamanism beginner exercises for daily practice and continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment