Monday, October 2, 2017

Post Beginner's Mind, 30 Days Challenge Research Summary

In the course of this challenge, I started thinking I could just use a book I bought without realizing said book was, in fact, primarily elemental shamanism based and not quite as rooted with the gods of the Norse Pantheon. While from a personal standpoint, this stumbling block made the challenge feel very much in the vein of Beginner mind with Beginner mistakes, I realize that an organized post mortem of my research processes, spurred on in some instances by Jormangund themselves, may be of value.

Research Sources:

Neolithic Shamanism: Spirit Work in the North Tradition by Galina Kraskova & Raven Kaldera

Wikipedia for various myths, including Jormangundr mythology as well as research on Aeon and Mehen

The Jotunbok: Working with the Giants of the Northern Tradition by Raven Kaldera

http://www.northernshamanism.org for information on Ergi, the Ior rune, and pointing me towards Jotunbok

No comments:

Post a Comment