Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chaos Magick

I'm not here to define Chaos Magick for folks, but perhaps give my quick two cents on it so everything else makes sense.

Alister Crowley called magick the art and science of change in conformity to will... or something like that. Point being, he called it Art and Science.

Sometimes, I like to create new spells, rituals, and approaches to magick, often involving pop culture, fringe science, or any idea I happen to latch onto- this I would call Art.

Often, I will then try out said techniques, spells, rituals, etc. to see how well they worked for me. This method of experimentation and cataloging the results, is the Science part.

So, this blog is bound to grow, bloating with the various things I come up with or try out, as well as occasional occult experiences I have.

We're going to start out with a few things that came out of my brain upon reading a lot of Joseph Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment