Saturday, September 9, 2017

Jormangundr and Neolithic Shamanism: # Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 9

This morning, I amplify my trance and prayer and ask for guidance and tutelage. I pull as if to pull off my skin, shedding as the snake does, and Jormangundr, after a long moment of reverence, pouring energy into the offering, appears, not big, but small. Spirit journeying commences.

The small Jormangundr takes me on a trip to the Iron Woods, where we sit inside the cauldron he was raised in, reverting my astral form to an infant to understand their world. I eat a scrap of meat that lands inside the pot, tearing with my teeth, though it is tough. Jormangundr explains how the cauldron is like my world before magic, like an infant, not seeing the whole.

I speak to Angrboda briefly as we exit the cauldron, to see a dead Jotun upon the table, troll like, it's pieces being carved and thrown into the pot. I am offered more, and knowing it rude to refuse as well as to overeat, ask what I may have.

"Three fingers"

I consider carefully which fingers to eat, finally deciding to eat all but the middle finger and thumb, leaving the largest portion for the next guest.

Jorm's path continues, slithering into the forest to the lake, where once again, the world serpent grows beyond it's boundaries. We wrestle for a time, shifting shape to try and keep up, though I am quickly overcome in the impomptu, friendly kaiju battle.

The Odin portion of the story plays out, Jormangundr thrown into the ocean with a spell charging it with guarding and protecting Midgar. This, Jorm says, is how it is. You can grow in power, but when you grow large enough, you will be given responsibilities, one way or another.

It's good food for thought and relevant to my current world. I slip out of trance after saying my goodbyes and write up this post. I think tomorrow I will ask for a lesson again and see what occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment