Friday, September 8, 2017

Jormangundr and Neolithic Shamanism: # Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 8

In the morning, I make my offering, trancing, but the trance feels more shallow. An attempt at burnt offering is met with quick dissuasion- this is a water snake, after all. In the afternoon, I plan on taking all the accumulated offerings to a body of water to release them.

I contact Ior, the rune, curious if I can tap it's properties. I've worked little with runes in the last decade, and it feels deep, powerful, and flexible, somewhere between a spell and a spirit. It's use in shaping the energy body is interesting, though not particularly necessary, while it's facility for binding feels promising, making my arm fall immobile for a time. Perhaps, with some work, I might adapt the binding into a protective capacity as well- feels like a mesh overlay.

Will update in the afternoon should I make a sojourn to the river.

The river was surprisingly alive with people, even late in the day. Though I made the offering and released them to the river with a bit I liked (paraphrasing here):

"I release these offerings to the river so that they may reach you. If they do not reach you, may the fatten the fish that you may eat them. If they do not fatten the fish, may they enrich the water. If they do not enrich the waters, may it..etc."

No immediate effects  or contact this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment