Sunday, September 3, 2017

Jormangundr and Neolithic Shamanism: # Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 3

Today's Offering

It's one of those days where other obligations are going down and I have to fit in all my magick now if I want it to be today, so starting offerings after typing first sentence here.

First, I say the prayer to Iormangund out of the Jotunbok. My voice gains a (likely innacurate) heathen accent as I do so, unplanned. I make my offering.

The words of the prayer feel artificial, so I take a moment and read more of Neolithic Shamanism, specifically speaking about praying to a seed, as a sort of beginning exercise to praying to and honoring a number of spirits, speaking of it being from the heart. I feel myself being too artificial in today's prayer, so pray again, from the heart, feeling warmth, love, and reverence pour forth. It feels more on point.

Jormangundr Impressions
Quick yesterday note- nearly walked away from Jotunbok while reading to start my day, but a cord wrapped about my leg and caught fast. Back stepping to disentangle myself, I took another look and quickly found Iormundgand's prayer. Coincidence?

Experience's in impression of Iormandgund move back and forth between male, female, hermaphrodite, conflicting needs and requests with these personalities, and more. Complicated entity seems the best description. Visions, kind of impromptu spirit travels. Some of it involved a look at the spirit world, and how in some ways, snakes run all up and down throughout everything, moving between worlds.

Planning to ground, shield, and center in the Neolithic manner after waking. The seed exercise, planting and then praying over a seed, may have to wait until I have seeds to plant.

Beginner's Mindset Exercise

I didn't have time to hit a library, so I instead looked one up, used the first page as inspiration on topic, then looked a book up on kindle about it and read the preview. It was a beginner's, all ages, arts and crafts book with picture. It had a lot to say on doing one's own art, not someone else's, letting everyone express themselves, as well as slowly assembling a very, very, very comprehensive (read: expensive) list of supplies for an art studio.

I can't help but think of chaos magic and doing thing's one's own way as an allegory, as well as my immediate fear of being overwhelmed by material costs. It's a reason I never got into candles, stones, physical altars, etc., preferring books and visualizations and cheap things I could make myself.

It's conflicting messages one must find the middle ground in to go forward: "You must have the proper things to do the proper art" but "Your art is your own and there is no wrong way."

Planning on continued reading, conversation with Iormundgand, and practicing as many exercises as I can handle reasonably.

No comments:

Post a Comment