Friday, September 29, 2017

Jormangundr and Neolithic Shamanism: # Domagick 30 Day Challenge Day 29

First two day weekend in a long time. Without work tonight, I feel like I can take a little more time, so I do. I approach the dock, singing, swaying in serpentine motion, intoning Iormangundr as I approach, waiting until the time feels right. I breathe upon my offering as if to light it up and hurl it into the water, where schools of minnows set to devouring it, and I ask the question, respectfully, but in paraphrase:

"Why are you all so starved for attention?"

And the simple answer is because, they are. They are absolutely starved. Certainly there are more followers upon the Earth now then before the modern neo-pagan movement, but they do not receive villages worth of recognition from across Europe. It is a much smaller diet they now have.

So I stay, and I give more attention, and sing, and I pull deep from my reserves the affection and reverence I can give.

There is no manifestation of the world serpent this day, and it is of no consequence to me. I feel as if making the offering, to feed the sparks of magic in hopes that they are one day a blazing flame is manifestation enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment