Tuesday, January 30, 2018

DoMagick February Meditation Research Plan: Furious Focus

I'm not an angry person most of the time. I'm really good at letting things roll off my back, but this doesn't mean I don't get frustrated. I think, some of the anger I've avoided has been unhealthy to avoid. Various entities seem intent on pushing and forcing my anger, though whether to hone it as a tool, release a valve, or just see what happens, I cannot say.

I've been reading, trying to find details on anger meditations and exercises, but most seem to be more about clearing it out and getting rid of it, not using and focusing it. I'm also not sure berserker type meditations would really be appropriate given my current living situation (no howling and frothing at 5 in the morning!), so instead I've decided to go with a quieter approach, invoking a state of rage prolonging it with a single point meditation.

While I'm pretty sure the typical is a candle flame, I'll be going with a sigil meant to focus my fury, placed in the midst of a black field. I'll try to use memories and thoughts to get the anger going, maybe music, potentially blue noise to drown out distractions, but I want to see how long I can keep the emotion going without extra fuel, so to speak.

Just looking at it seems to provoke a little ire in me, so I guess it's working.




No comments:

Post a Comment