Monday, November 27, 2017

Domagick 30 Day Challenge Meditative Acts Research- Transition Meditations

Fear and loathing. These are probably the main ingredients that have held back my transition for so long. I always feared what others might think of me, and to a degree, I still fear it, but what I finally began to fear more was a life lived without being true to myself. Despite getting therapy, slowly coming out to friends and family, I still feel afraid and disgusted with myself, often overachieving in other areas of my life rather than deal with what felt like an insurmountable obstacle to become who I really wanted to be.

And now I'm sick to death of waiting. While things like doctor visits may have to wait, the real obstacle is a mindset full of mental traps and restrictions holding me back, and it's time I disarmed them and moved on.

My transition meditations will be three part mind, body, and spirit meditations.

Starting with the body, I'll go through a series of affirmations about my physical appearance.

Moving on to the mind, I'll be doing some NLP style reprogramming, reducing bad memories by mocking them, graying them out, and otherwise disarming them, while shining up the positive messages. I'll also be building an alternate time line, the 'what ought to be' and the world I'd rather live in- not as an escape, but as a sort an exercise in seeing how the world could be.

The last bit will be spirit and journeys into my inner worlds. This part may be the most tricky as I will be exploring and tinkering with a cast of characters featuring in my various astral temples, safe spaces, etc. There will be varying levels mystical reality, from vague mental constructs to potential spirit guides and inner demons. My trial run has already turned up some interesting stuff, a monster inside me guarding past traumas, higher selves leaving puzzles, etc.

I'm using some binaural beats to time my sessions, so I'm not late for work. Will pretty much be the first thing I do every morning for the month.

During my last 30 day challenge, I got evicted midstream. This time, I'm evicting my fears.

#domagick

Resource List:

Affirmations: Kind of ubiquitous, I think I kind of got these through cultural osmosis and Stuart Smalley skits, but here's a link to a basic guide.

NLP Resources: Introducing NLP by Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour
Hands on Chaos Magic by Andrieh Vitimus

Inner Journeys: I learned this one from convocation classes and sort of adapted as needed. Basic description is to calm the mind, close your eyes, and count down from 10 and imagine steps going down, entering the heart/the mind/the inner temple/body/whatever visualization brings you to your inner universe. Usually, there will be a door/gate of some type in.

Sometimes, the imagery comes spontaneously. I most often see my foot and the step first, but it can range from literal steps to mountains, to spots of light, and more.

Binaural BeatsBinaural Beat I Use
Just search youtube or google, plenty of free resources for this.


1 comment:

  1. Love it. I look forward to watching your progression through these 30 days.

    ReplyDelete